HR currently oversees the personnel needs of all home office and field staff. HR's focus is to build an environment committed to staff development, growth and retention; offer a competitive compensation and benefits package; and foster a respectful, collaborative culture in which staff are well-supported to achieve results.
This includes developing, implementing and maintaining best practices in the areas of: staff development; performance and talent management; employee relations; compensation and international benefits; and compliance.
Reporting to the Human Resources Director, the Human Resources Manager oversees staff development, succession planning, employee relations, compensation, and compliance. Given IRD’s rapid growth, the Human Resources Manager will provide particular expertise, leadership and strengthening in the institution's ability to effectively manage performance, develop talent, plan for succession, and address sensitive employee relations matters. The Human Resources Manager will also support organizational design needs and build a framework that can be applied throughout the organization.
The successful candidate will have strong leadership and management skills, effective communication and relationship building capabilities, a background in aligning strategy with core business needs, has worked in a fast paced organization during a period of rapid growth, has managed a business partnership function supporting a geographically dispersed workforce, and has a proven track record of success in implementing leading HR solutions and enhancing systems and processes. This position will be based in Arlington, VA and may require travel both domestically and internationally.
- Provides expertise in strategy development and execution, planning, and facilitation of employee relations efforts. Proactively manage employee relations needs to support an environment of integrity, respect, collaboration and effective communications.
- Evaluate existing employee policies and procedures to ensure alignment with business needs. Strengthen policies as needed. Provide appropriate communications and education to increase awareness and to ensure management and staff understand and are able to effectively enforce policies.
- Facilitates communication among employees and management. Guide managers and employees on problem solving, dispute resolution, regulatory compliance and management of risks.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations. Handle staff relations and communications sensitively and responsively resulting in increased staff morale, employee satisfaction and retention.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Develop system to track and proactively identify potential employee relations matters, monitor progress, ensure appropriate consistency in resolution and evaluate results. Review data for trends to identify opportunities for further strengthening of policies and/or staff training.
- Support Human Resources Director in ensuring IRD's compensation philosophy is well defined, its pay is market competitive, and recognition and rewards systems are in place to support business needs and objectives. This includes review of salary recommendations for new hires and promotions.
- Serve as key stakeholder in overall assessment of IRD's pay programs. Ensure alignment of senior management in goals and objectives, and oversee implementation of findings as appropriate.
- Guide the annual compensation review process including establishing guidelines that are linked to performance, ensuring senior leadership is aligned with goals, staff understands process, and outcomes are consistently measured and awarded across the institution.
- Provide support and direction, as needed in order to ensure the administration of the overall compensation function is well maintained.
- Support HR Director in oversight of the compliance function. Ensure regular monitoring of external regulatory trends, enforcement of requirements, and appropriate alignment of policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with HR Director in the education of senior management and staff on compliance requirements, business needs and implications and their roles. Ensure delivery of communications and training as needed.
- Minimum ten - twelve years of progressively increased management, leadership and business experience with responsibility as an HR generalist. Must have at least five years experience in managing an innovative and strategic business partnership/HR generalist group. Bachelor's degree, as well as a Master's degree or equivalent experience in a relevant field is required. Professional certification, such as SPHR, preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge in multiple human resource disciplines including organizational and employee development, talent management, succession planning, employee relations, compensation and compliance. Mix of experience in nonprofit and corporate sector, as well as professional services firms is preferred.
- A rich understanding of HR policy and practice issues, including the ability to perform substantive research; excellent analytical and strategic skills and knowledge of current trends, principal theories, leading thinkers and major advancements in the field.
- Strong business orientation. Focused on key business priorities and deliverables while balancing short-term needs with longer-term strategic intent. Demonstrated track record in driving change and leading successful organizational and employee development initiatives.
- Relationship builder. Ability to develop relationships across the institution, establish trust and provide counsel to staff in a thoughtful, sensitive and timely manner.
- Deep analytical skills. Strategic thinker. Seasoned in designing strategies and establishing metrics, budgeting and reporting to track results. Demonstrated track record in using internal and external data, systems, costs and trends to understand issues, identify patterns, make recommendations and influence decisions.
- Acts with integrity and confidentiality. Strong character, consistent, and acts in line with a clear and visible set of values and believes. Is direct, truthful and handles personnel information confidentially. Understands and respects sensitive nature of information and manages this responsibly and with great care so that situations and complex tasks are handled discretely, effectively and efficiently.
- Strong project management skills. Ability to engage key stakeholders, set objectives, manage multiple priorities, organize time and identify resources for individual and group projects. High degree of results orientation.
- Financial acumen. Experience in creating and managing budgets, implementing controls, analyzing complex financial data, etc.
- Decisive. Exhibits a keenness and depth of perception, discernment and discrimination on practical matters and in decision-making. Addresses differences, strong conflict resolution skills, takes a clear stand on important issues.
- Solid judgment and ability to learn quickly. Resolves problems creatively and logically by detecting underlying issues in complex situations, identifying patterns or trends and applying one's expertise and experience.
- People focused. Ability to develop and manage staff to establish a high performing team, improve effectiveness, deliver high quality services and ensure customer satisfaction. Seasoned manager with a track record of developing HR staff and providing effective feedback and opportunities for growth.
- Expedient and flexible. Capability to function in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment where standards are high and information is processed expeditiously and efficiently.
- Effective communicator. Writes, speaks and presents effectively. Express ideas, thoughts, and concepts clearly and concisely, making solid case to gain understanding and influence results. Ability to understand and influence the organization How to apply
Apply via website. http://hostedjobs.openhire.com/epostings/submit.cfm?fuseaction=app.dspjob&jobid=216803&company_id=15852&jobboardid=479