To lead and support Medair’s Country Programmes in accordance with Medair's mandate, values and quality standards.
Medair brings life-saving relief and rehabilitation in disasters, conflict areas, and other crises by working alongside the most vulnerable. Its staff are inspired by their Christian faith to care for people in need, providing practical and compassionate support, regardless of race, religion, or politics. Medair has achieved the ISO 9001:2000 quality certification worldwide, which denotes consistent and effective project management activities for the well-being of its beneficiaries. Founded in 1989, Medair’s unwavering commitment continues to bring hope to the world’s most vulnerable.
The Desk Officer has the shared responsibility with the Country Director (CD) for the initiation, management, hand-over and exit of Medair's projects in the Country Programme(s) under their control.
This is fulfilled through the following key activities: Project Management, Financial Management, Strategic Planning, Field Support and Servant Leadership, Donor Relations Management, Quality Management, Human Resources, Marketing, and Security Management.
- Management and/or Humanitarian Aid education
- At least 3 years field experience with a Humanitarian NGO
Medair Standard HQ Requirements
- Strong adherence to Medair values
- Strong English communication skills (oral and written)
- Familiar with Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; Internet; Acrobat Standard
- Completion of Medair Relief/Rehabilitation Orientation Course (ROC) during 1st year of work
- Motivated by a spirit of service
- Solid team player How to apply
Swiss or EU citizens, or those with a valid work permit for Switzerland, are eligible to apply.
For more information on this position and to submit your application, please follow the link below and go to the HQ Vacancies page: http://www.medair.org/en/work-with-us/opportunities/headquarters-staff/